Effective February 28, 2023
DATA WE COLLECT AND USE
We collect information about you directly from you, automatically through your use of our Site, and from third parties.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect personal data you choose to provide to Zevra, e.g., in connection with your registrations, inquiries and purchases. For example, you may choose to provide your name, contact information, health, insurance and/or financial information in connection with a promotion or a patient assistance or support program. Healthcare providers may choose to provide information relating to their specialties and professional affiliations.
Information We Collect Automatically. We and our third party business partners automatically collect information when you use our Site, such as your browser type and operating system, web pages you view, links you click, your IP address, the length of time you visit our Site, and the referring URL, or webpage that led you to our Site. Our third party business partners may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities. See also, the Section below on Cookies and Other Tools.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Zevra may disclose your personal data for our business purposes as follows:
- In Connection with Business Transfers – Zevra may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including information obtained through use of this website, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets.
- With Providers – We may retain other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf and we may collaborate with other companies and individuals with respect to particular products or services (collectively, “Providers”). These third parties may be provided with access to personal data needed to perform their functions, but they may not use such data other than on our behalf or subject to contracts that protect the confidentiality of the data. Examples of Providers include credit card processing companies, customer service and support providers, email and SMS vendors, data analytics firms, web hosting and development companies and fulfillment companies. Providers also include our co-promotion partners for products that we jointly develop and/or market with other companies. Some Providers may collect personal data on our behalf on our Site.
- To Comply with Laws and Law Enforcement – We reserve the right to disclose your personal data as required by law, when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with a regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, government request, or legal process served on us, or to protect the safety, rights, or property of our customers, the public, Zevra or others.
- In the Aggregate or De-identified Data – Zevra may also disclose aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable to third parties for any purpose permitted under applicable law.
ADDITIONAL STATE DISCLOSURE
Zevra does not use or disclose sensitive personal data for purposes other than permitted under applicable local law.
COOKIES AND OTHER TOOLS
Zevra and its service providers may collect information about you by using cookies, tracking pixels and other technologies (collectively, “Tools”). We use this information to better understand, customize and improve user experience with our website, services and offerings as well as to manage our advertising. If we have collected your personal data, e.g., through a registration or a request for certain materials, we may associate this personal data with information gathered through the Tools. This allows us to offer increased personalization and functionality on the Site. Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your browser. If your browser is set to reject cookies, websites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the website, and some website functionality may be lost.
To find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
We use technical, administrative and procedural measures in an attempt to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access or use. No such measure is ever 100% effective though, so we do not guarantee that your personal data will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such data. Users are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their own passwords. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us at email@example.com.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND UPDATES
You may update your personal data and your preferences. Different programs and services may offer different phone numbers, links or preference managers that allow you to inform us of your updates and choices, including opting out of particular communications. Please remember that limited communications may be necessary in order to complete your transaction or for you to participate in a particular program or service.
Your information will only be kept for as long as we reasonably consider necessary for achieving the purposes set out above or for as long as we are legally required to keep it. Please contact us for further details of applicable retention periods.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13.
You can also write to the following address:
Zevra Therapeutics, Inc.
Attn: Corporate Secretary
1180 Celebration Boulevard
Celebration, FL 34747
You can find a copy of our GDPR Policy here.